Favorite Quotes:

“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” Clay P. Bedford

“A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops.” Henry Adams

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Friendly Folders: A Second Grade takeaway

I am in my last weeks of internship right now. I have finished my fulltime teaching in Mrs. Casey's class, so she is allowing me to visit grades I haven't got the opportunity to observe in other field experiences. First on the list was second grade. I visited Mrs. Stephens' class, and I observed several lessons, activities, and ideas that I would certainly incorporate in my future classroom.  Mrs. Stephens' students write friendly letters every week to someone in their family. Their letters are all kept in their friendly folders, and it is just a great way to practice writing friendly letters correctly, pay attention to capitalization, and punctuation. I think this is a great thing to incorporate into any classroom and any grade. I really like that students get weekly practice, and it also provides parents and other family members with examples of their student's work. I think it is also a great way for teachers' to look back at students previous work to see their growth or areas for improvement.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment